The college advising corps works to increase the number of low-income, first-generation college and underrepresented high school students who enter and complete higher education.
To deliver on this mission, the College Advising Corps places well-trained, recent college graduates, from 23 partner institutions of higher education, as full-time college advisers in the nation's underserved schools. We provide the support that high school students need to navigate the complex processes of college admissions, securing financial aid and enrolling in schools that serve them well. This year, we have 375 advisers in 423 high schools in 14 states serving 128,000 students.
To apply to be an Advising Corps adviser through one of our partner programs, please click here.
To view our announcement on major 2014-2015 program growth, click here.
Nicole Hurd, Ph.D. Founder and CEO
Amir Farokhi COO
Board of Directors
- Peter Grauer, Chair | Chairman of Bloomberg, L.P.
- Erskine Bowles
- Joaquin Castro | United States House of Representatives (Texas – 20th District)
- Nicole Hurd, Ph.D. | Founder and CEO, College Advising Corps
- Lisa Jackson | New Profit, Inc.
- Holden Thorp, Ph.D. | Provost, Washington University in St. Louis
- John Wood | Founder, Room to Read
Full website in development. Please check back soon.