This Policy describes how we treat the personal information collected on or in connection with this site. It applies to information we collect on the website where the policy is located and our emails with you. It does not apply to other interactions you might have with us.
What Information Does College Advising Corps Collect?
- We collect contact information. We collect your name and email address. We may also collect your mailing address and phone number.
- We collect affiliation information. We may collect information about how you are affiliated with or connected to College Advising Corps.
- We collect payment information. If you make a donation we will collect payment information.
- We collect usage and location information. We collect information about the browser you are using. We also look at what site you came from to get to us. We look at what site you go to when you leave us. We may collect information about your general location. We collect information about whether you open and view the emails we send you.
How Does College Advising Corps Collect Information?
- We collect information directly from you. For example, we collect information from you when you sign up for the CAC newsletter. We also collect information when you contact us.
- We collect information from you passively. We use tracking tools like browser cookies, web beacons, and pixels. We do this on our website and in emails that we send to you. We collect information about users over time when you use our website. We may also have third parties collect personal information this way.
- We get information about you from third parties. Our partners and vendors, such as our email provider and donation processor, may give us information about you.
- We combine information. We combine information that we have collected offline with information we collect online. We also combine information we get from a third party with information we already have. This might include third parties that help us provide services or collect donations for us.
How Does College Advising Corps Use the Information it Collects?
- We use information to respond to your requests or questions. For example, we use your information to respond to your feedback and inquiries.
- We use information to improve our services. We might use your information to make our website and services better.
- We use information for security purposes. We use information to protect our organization and our supporters. We also use information to protect our website.
- We use information for solicitation purposes. We may provide you with other information, for instance about new donation opportunities.
- We use information to send you transactional communications. For example, we will contact you about your feedback. We may also contact you about your donations. We might also contact you about this Policy or our website Terms.
We use information as otherwise permitted by law or as we may notify you.
How Does College Advising Corps Share the Information it Collects?
- We will share information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. We share information with vendors that send emails for us. We share information with companies that run our website.
- We will share information if we think we have to in order to comply with the law or to protect ourselves. For example, we will share information to respond to a court order or subpoena. We may share it if a government agency or investigatory body requests.
- We may share information with any successor to all or part of our organization. For example, if we combine with another not-for-profit organization, we may share your information with that organization.
We may share information for other reasons we may describe to you.
You can opt out of receiving our newsletter emails. To stop receiving our newsletter emails, follow the instructions in any message you receive from us. Even if you opt out of getting newsletters, we will still send you transactional messages, such as messages related to donations or messages containing information about important updates.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
Our site is meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under 13 has given us information, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at the address listed at the end of this policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy on-line here.
The Internet is not 100% secure. We cannot promise that your use of our site will be completely safe. We encourage you to use caution when using the Internet.
Third Party Sites
From time to time we may change our privacy policies. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our sites. Please check our sites periodically for updates.
Contacting College Advising Corps
If you have any questions, comments or complaints about this Policy or want to correct or update your information, please contact us:
Address: 301 W. Barbee Chapel Road, Suite 210, Chapel Hill, NC 27517
Effective January 1, 2018