The Economic Advantage
Reclaiming the American Dream
Our cost-effective advising has lifelong benefits.
College Advising Corps helps qualified students from every background attain college and the lifelong benefits it can bring. The vast majority of students that we serve come from demographics that are grossly underrepresented in postsecondary education. Yet our programs have resulted in enrollment success rates higher than the average for all college students. In matching students with the education that is right for them, we help them boost their economic mobility and in many cases begin to break generational cycles of poverty.
Our model is extremely cost effective…
- Direct costs average $52,000 per adviser and only $172 per student.
Dramatically changes lives…
- Factoring in lifetime earnings made possible by postsecondary education, each student’s economic gains will average more than 42 times greater than these direct costs.
- Why? Because the median earnings of college-educated workers are 84% higher than the median earnings workers with only a high school education.
Makes college affordable…
- In 2016-17, students guided by College Advising Corps advisers were awarded more than $1.4 billion in institutional aid and scholarship dollars.
…and is highly scalable.
- In 2005-06, our 14 College Advising Corps advisers served students in 16 high schools in one state. In 2019-20, our 829 College Advising Corps advisers are serving students in 782 high schools in 17 states.