At College Advising Corps, we believe that every student deserves the opportunity to enter and complete higher education and are committed to supporting students as they navigate the complex processes of college admissions, financial aid, and enrollment.
We aspire to build one of the most innovative, diverse, and inclusive teams in the country. At College Advising Corps, we believe that our work is not just a vocation. It is a mission.
We invite you to join our team!
The Senior Director of Finance will be responsible for overseeing the finance operations of the organization, including accounting, budgeting, forecasting, reporting, analysis, and annual audits. The Senior Director of Finance will work closely with the CEO, President, and the COO as well as be a key leader and partner to all areas of the organization. The Senior Director of Finance will be a senior-level leader with 10 years of progressive experience as a CFO or equivalent, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget of at least $10 million.
For more information about the Senior Director of Finance and how to apply, click here.
The Senior Director of Finance will report to the Chief Operations Officer and will be based in Chapel Hill, NC.
The Project Evaluation Coordinator will be a detail-oriented professional with a minimum of a bachelor’s degree (a master’s degree or PhD is preferred) and 3-4 years of experience working with data management, visualization, and reporting. Qualified candidates for this position will possess the following skills, job experience, and education:
- Culture- and mission-driven – extremely passionate about CAC and increasing opportunity for all students;
- A can-do attitude and willingness to go the extra mile in service of our mission;
- Disciplined, structured, and data-driven approach to decision making and problem solving with a sharp focus on metrics, outcomes, and results;
- Deep creativity, curiosity, and an ability to use data to uncover potential opportunities for growth and innovation;
- Program or research project management experience that has left you comfortable with ambiguity, extraordinary attention to detail, and the ability to organize, plan, and execute multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrated success with descriptive data analysis and reporting;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel;
- Ability to leverage common data collection and visualization tools such as Survey Monkey, Qualtrics, and/or Tableau (preferred); and
- Experience using qualitative and quantitative data analysis software to clean, restructure, and merge data files (STATA, SPSS, R, NVivo etc.).
For more information about the Project Evaluation Coordinator and how to apply, click here.
The Project Evaluation Coordinator reports to the Director of Evaluation and will be based in Chapel Hill, NC.
CAC’s Innovation team is seeking full-time “eAdvisers” to increase the number of high-achieving, low- and moderate-income students who apply to, matriculate, and graduate from our nation’s most selective institutions. eAdvisers provide personalized virtual college advising (using multiple technology interfaces) to help students identify, apply to, and enroll in a specific group of highly selective colleges and universities with graduation rates above 70 percent. CAC’s eAdvisers are also responsible for diligently recording and tracking student engagement and programmatic milestones around college enrollment.
Qualified candidates will possess the following skills, among others:
- Outstanding interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, with exceptional phone presence and strong customer service skills;
- The ability to – in a remote capacity – motivate, inspire and influence high school students and confidently engage their parents/guardians;
- A commitment to representing CAC with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism;
- Highly motivated, organized, and independent, with a demonstrated commitment to achieving measurable results while working in a remote capacity;
- Strong cultural competency skills and experience working with high-achieving, first-generation college bound students and/or students from underserved backgrounds;
- Flexibility, curiosity, and enthusiasm for contributing to an evolving and innovative pilot initiative;
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-faceted, and data-driven work environment.
For more information about the eAdviser and how to apply, click here.
The eAdvisers report to one of four Program Associates and will be based in either Chapel Hill, NC or Lancaster, PA.
The Chief of Staff will play a critical role in our organization by providing strategic counsel on key initiatives to the CEO and other senior leaders within CAC. The Chief of Staff will assume the responsibility for creating and implementing detailed project plans and associated project deliverables throughout all phases of key projects including planning, executing and monitoring. The Chief of Staff will serve as a liaison with strategic partners and will be responsible for creating and maintaining collaborative relationships with CAC staff members, the Board of Directors, and external constituents. The Chief of Staff will work closely with the CEO on communications. The Chief of Staff will supervise the Executive Assistant to the CEO in order to ensure alignment on all initiatives related to the CEO.
For more information about the Chief of Staff position and how to apply, click here.
The Chief of Staff reports to the CEO and will be based in Chapel Hill, NC.